Wednesday 8 February 2012

My Hotel Is Fucking Haunted, Part One

My hotel really is haunted.

I mean, first of all I live in the ghetto, so clearly I must live near at least four or five hidden bodies (kidding) but in all seriousness, my hotel is fucking haunted. There are times when I'm alone that it gets super creepy and weird shit happens. I feel like there are at least three different spirits in the hotel, just hanging out and waiting to freak me the fuck out when I'm tired and have nothing else to think about.

Example One

Ernest is one of the friendlier spirits of my hotel. (Fuck you, I name shit for fun sometimes) He likes to turn lights off, and give me the goosebump feeling of being watched when really no one is there and nothing is wrong. He normally leaves me alone, unless he's really bored. He's pretty cool, except when the power goes out.

Last time we had a huge storm, the pool alarm went off which meant that someone had 'hit the alarm' to tell me someone was drowning. The pool had been closed for hours, so I knew it was impossible, but it's a really loud, really annoying sound and at that point my Drunk Toddlers were still around so I knew I'd be hearing a bitchy whiny chorus of men in their boxers if I didn't fix it. I went into the pool area with the flashlight, into the loud and awkwardly shaped pool room to turn the alarm off and my flashlight died.

Didn't flicker, or anything. Just outright died. I blame Ernest.

Examples Two and Three will be coming soon, to a blog near you.*


*Total cop out. I'm fucking tired, and 13 hour shifts are kicking my ass for some reason. Still at work, still waiting for relief.

Hugs and shit,

Ninja.

3 comments:

Gia said...

That. Is. Scary.

Jaclyn said...

I definitely believe in ghosts and I have a sense for them as well. When I was a kid I was terrified because I always knew when they were around and we moved a lot because my dad is a deadbeat and all, so we lived in a few haunted places. There was one that was really awful. My mom also has the sixth sense thing, and even she was scared as shit of this place. There was a little girl there, my mom heard her calling for her mommy several times while all the kids were out of the house, and then there was something else. Something bad. My mom theorizes that it was whoever killed the little girl. The girl always hung out downstairs or on the actual stairs, but the evil thing was upstairs and my mom never even made us sleep in our bedroom because of it.

The thing about ghosts is that 99% of them mean no harm, and like you said, sometimes they are bored or curious and checking shit out. It doesn't mean it won't still freak you out, but if you tell them they are scaring you and ask them to leave, they usually will. Unless they are bad. Then they will antagonize you further. But you can usually tell if they are really bad, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Front Desk Ninja said...

Gia- He's actually pretty chill most of the time. Doesn't bother me too much. Tonights post about Roberto (seriously, I need better names) will explain why I hate the ghosts in my hotel though. Prepare yourself.

Jaclyn- I love stories like that. Even if they involve little girls getting killed.