Monday 14 May 2012

The End Is Coming.... We're All Fucked Now

So, tonight I came into work (Happy Mothers Day to all you mommies out there, be tee dubs) and noticed that  Tuesday, some 'E' chick is starting to work. I assumed they hired for Front Desk and not my job, because audits are shockingly hard to fill when bosses are picky about people.

Nope. Starting next Sunday (I can only assume her three shifts this week are regular human hours and not vampire hours like I work here) I'll have a full time trainee on my hands.

This will be both awesome and horrible. I've of course listed out the possible scenarios.

Awesome
-She's worked in the industry before
-She's been a night audit before (less training!)
- She's cool. And a badass.
-She's older than me, and therefore will likely last in this job. (Seriously, I have no idea why they hired me. I was way too young to work the desk alone with all the crazy bullshit that's happened here. I told my boss if they hired younger *and* and female that that chick would walk within three months)

Horrible
-Her personality could suck.
-I'd be trapped here with her for the remainder of my days.
-She could be an absolutely dense human being that makes me want to bang my head on the desk in frustration.
-She could be good at her job, but have a horrible work ethic and make questionable choices here. Aka fuck off from the desk for hours at a time and let the place burn down.

I'm hoping it's a balance of awesome and horrible. I don't expect a super cool badass to come in on Wednesday morning (first time I'll meet her) but I do expect some level of competence and knowledge. It'll be a bonus if she's done night audit, but if not, I hope my training style and her learning styles match up and we don't kill each other.

Month End quickly approaches, kids.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

When the dumb girl I used to work with left, I inherited some of her responsibilities. She spent two weeks before she left obsessing about every little detail, right up until her very last day. At one point I actually had to say to her "Why are you so worried about this? IT'S YOUR LAST FUCKING DAY".

I'm not saying you are dumb, but I guess I'm saying if she sucks it's not really your problem. If shit falls apart, it's also not your problem.

Are you planning to go back to the hotel after school? Even if that's the case, you can't troubleshoot for morons when you aren't even there. She's going to be good or she's going to suck. If she leaves in 3 months that's THEIR problem, not yours. You have enough to worry about!

Front Desk Ninja said...

Listen, ho.

I know I shouldn't care so much about the shit that will happen when I'm not here, but I also care because I'm leaving behind a couple people I actually give a damn about. I just need this chick to be good enough to do the job as well as I did (which isn't asking a whole lot..really) and not fuck over the couple of people here.

Once she knows audit, I basically just have to come in to work and make sure the place doesn't explode. I'm pretty stoked about that level of slacking.

I have less to worry about now though!